Windward Y Togetherhood Ulupo Heiau, Loi and Kawainui Fishpond Restoration and Stewardship Project
Volunteers of all ages are invited to work together to restore, maintain and beautify historic Ulupō Heiau, lo’i and surrounding lands of Kawainui Fishpond located in back of the Windward YMCA. Ulupō Heiau is a national and state historical site and sacred place for the Hawaiian people.
View on Map
There are currently not opportunities for Windward Y Togetherhood Ulupo Heiau, Loi and Kawainui Fishpond Restoration and Stewardship Project.
- Our Livelihood Ocean-based enterprises are sustainable; guided by cultural heritage, facilitated by relevant science, authorized by sufficient management capacity, and optimized by new opportunities.
- Our Island Home Caring for our island communities lands and waters through partnerships and action.
- Our Future Collective investment in our future leaders is priority, providing the proper tools, training, and experience to advance this work beyond our own lifetimes and abilities.
- Our Responsibility Build DLNR capacity to sustainably manage Hawaii’s ocean resources for generations to come.
- Our Heritage Our island way of life will thrive through community-based co-management of our marine resources.