Saturday, December 9, 2017 from 8:30am - 12:00pm
Maunawila Heiau Preserve
Make room for native vegetation and maintain cultural site.
• Each Volunteer will be required to sign a liability waiver at http://bit.ly/29rzlsf prior to participation of the work day
• Upon completion of the Volunteer work day, each participant will submit a Visit Report Form at http://bit.ly/2ar3zf2.
• Directions and Parking instructions will be provided by the appropriate Island Director or Land Steward at a later date.
• HILT does not require any fees for a service-learning day for groups, but is a nonprofit, and as such, accepts and depends on donations from generous and caring individuals.
Items to Bring
• Close-toed shoes
• Long sleeve shirt (mosquito, sun, and fibrous grass protection)
• Long pants (mosquito and fibrous grass protection)
• Garden gloves (HILT has some available, but please feel free to bring your own)
• Trash bags (HILT has some available, but please feel free to bring your own)
• Bug spray
• Camera Benefits of A Service Learning Day
• Providing a service to the communities of Hawai‘i and filling a gap in the restoration and healing of the lands in Hawai‘i
• Opportunity to collaborate with other committed conservation and environmentally-oriented staff and volunteers
• Gain hands-on experience and insight into Hawai‘i’s natural and cultural resource management
• Invitation to HILT’s Annual Picnic
Please visit http://www.hilt.org/join-us/volunteer/ for more information.