Koʻolau Mountains Watershed Partnership
Saturday, October 13, 2018 from 8:30am - 12:00pm
Ala Mahamoe Cultural Garden Project, 1812 Ala Mahamoe St, Honolulu, HI 96819-1606, United States
What to Expect:
We will be removing invasive plants including koa haole and guinea grass to make room for future native outplantings, as well as placing down mulch and weed mat.The area we are working in is typically hot and dry, with high sun exposure. Terrain is uneven in some places and work will be done on easy-to-moderate slopes.
October 13th Work Plan (tentative):
– 8:30am: Meet at Ala Mahamoe gate, all waivers signed and collected
– 8:40am: Introductions, Work Plan, Pass out Tools and Gloves, Safety Briefing
– 9:00 am: Work (rest/snack/water break when needed)
– 11:45am: Walk to Scenic Area up the Road, Watershed Discussion
– 12pm: Walk back to Bottom Gate, Mahalos and done!
FOR DETAILS AND TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE SIGN UP FORM PLEASE VISIT:
Deadline to signup is October 10th.
(Please note: Sign up is REQUIRED. Do not click the "RSVP" on this page, instead complete the online sign up form found at the link above).