Koʻolau Mountains Watershed Partnership
Saturday, September 15, 2018 from 8:30am - 3:00pm
Wiliwilinui Ridge Trailhead, 2390 Okoa Street, Honolulu, HI 96821
FOR MORE DETAILS & TO SIGN UP VISIT: http://bit.ly/Wiliwilinui_9-15-18
Deadline to sign up is September 12th.
What to Expect:
We will be hiking 1.5 hours along an easy to moderate slope on uneven terrain with some short, narrow spans and steep dropoffs along the trail. The trail is at an incline in some areas, and muddy at times, so please be prepared to get dirty on this trip! We will be removing invasive species on this trip, utilizing hand tools with blades and sharp edges that must be handled carefully. We will also be eating lunch during the hike. No Shoes, no participation!
September 15th Hike Plan (tentative):
– 8:30am-8:45am Meet at trailhead near locked gate, all waivers signed and collected, Introductions, safety briefing, protocol before starting hike
– 8:45am-10:15am Hike with stops along the way
– 10:15am-10:30am Rest/Snack Break
– 10:30am -12:00pm Collect seeds/remove invasive species from area, continue up the trail
– 12:00pm -12:30pm Lunch
– 12:30pm -3:00pm Hike back to trailhead, continue to remove invasive species on the hike down, Mahalos and Pau!