Become part of Hawaii’s conservation story
Part-time Kahaluʻu Bay Education Center Staff Member
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Under the general supervision of the Kahaluʻu Bay Education Center (KBEC) Director, assists in:
- Daily operations of KBEC, including set-up and break-down, daily cash and credit card reconciliation, and daily deposits
- Reaching retail and rental sales goals
- Educate widely diverse audiences in Reef Etiquette, informing users of the bay about appropriate behaviors around coral reefs
- Keep track of inventory and alert Director when items need to be reordered
- Assure all equipment is in working condition
- Help monitor on-site activities of volunteers and provide support to new and current volunteers
- Maintain a pleasant and professional attitude to all visitors and staff at all times and serve as an Aloha Ambassador
- Use appropriate and polite language and behavior in conversations, instructions, and interactions with staff and visitors
- Monitor activities in the park. Report incidents of damage, defacing destruction immediately to park supervisor. Report disruptive visitors immediately to police
- Additional duties may be added
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communications skills in English.
- Organizational skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Respectful and humble attitude.
- Retail sales experience.
- Knowledge of the local shore environment.
- Ability to lift items up to 50 lbs for set-up and break-down purposes.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, OR EDUCATION:
- Possess valid and current State of Hawaii driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
- Must be able to work weekday and/or weekend schedule.
- Work is conducted in outdoor, shoreline environment.
- Computer and standard office equipment.
TO APPLY: Please view and apply for current openings on our Employment Portal (registration required). You may save your work and return to complete your application, if necessary. If you experience technical difficulties, please email Cortney Okumura at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Posted OnSeptember 12, 2018
Closing DateOctober 10, 2019
OrganizationThe Kohala Center
Position TypePart Time