Become part of Hawaii’s conservation story
Make-A-Difference Day Celebration at Waimea Valley
Waimea Valley Hi'ipaka LLC
Saturday, October 26, 2019 from 8:30am - 2:00pm
Waimea Valley is hosting our 3rd annual Make-A-Difference Day volunteer event and we want to invite you to celebrate this national day of service with us!
We will have fun volunteering opportunities for participants of all ages and abilities, followed by a raffle with some awesome prizes. It is sure to be a great day of giving back, and we would love to have you and your 'Ohana join us in helping to make sure that this Valley thrives for generations to come.
The Schedule will look like this:
- 8:30am, we will start the morning with time to sign in, fill waivers and get ready for the day
- 8:45am, we will meet with our cultural department for a quick overview of the significance of this valley and the opening ceremony protocol
- 9:00am we will begin the volunteering work. We have projects for all ages and abilities. The work will last until noon.
- 12:00pm we will break for lunch and i will provide some small snacks (think like chips and granola bars) volunteers will be welcome to purchase lunch at our snack shop
- 12:30pm we will be handing out raffle tickets, remember that to get a raffle ticket, you must have signed in and filled a waiver that morning and you must be present during the raffle to win.
- 12:45pm We will begin the raffle and give away some great prizes for the volunteers including a 1-year pass to the valley.
- 1:30pm We should be done with the raffle at this time and volunteers will be encouraged to visit with community organizations and will have free admission to the valley for the remainder of that day.
We ask that everyone who is interested please RSVP so that we can plan an awesome day for you and your families.