Become part of Hawaii’s conservation story
Pathways Summer Intern (Student Trainee Biological Science) ZT-0499-1
In a few days, the NOAA Fisheries, Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center (PIFSC) will have up to three vacancy announcements posted for a Pathways Summer Intern at the ZT-1 level and PIFSC is looking to hire an undergraduate
student. This is a temporary appointment but could lead to conversion to a term or permanent position. The student must be at least 16 years old and enrolled in an accredited education institution in good academic standing. The student will work at least 16 hours per week during the school year and may work full time during school breaks. Please note that, if interested, students should create a profile and resume in USAJOBS (https://www.usajobs.gov/
) ahead of time because the number of applications that will be accepted will be limited.
The duties will include the following:
- Perform a variety of routine technical assignments in the biological sciences pertaining to the scientific missions of the organization.
- Data entry and analysis
- Processing of lab samples and laboratory maintenance duties
- Specimen processing and archiving
- Prepping, packing and cleaning field gear
- Field activities such as animal tagging, surveying, observations, data recording and