Become part of Hawaii’s conservation story
Biologist/Physical Scientist (Research Coordinator)
Negotiable after selection
The USGS Pacific Islands CASC (PI-CASC) is advertising for a Research Coordinator position in the Biologist/Physical Scientist series. The position is advertised as a GS-12, with GS-13 promotion potential, and has a duty station negotiable upon selection, within the U.S.-Affiliated Pacific Islands. This is not a remote position. We are seeking a diverse pool of qualified applicants.
As a Research Coordinator within the National Climate Adaptation Science Center, in the Pacific Region, some of your duties will include:
- Manage external research and engagement initiatives related to the management of projects and funding.
- Manage all aspects of research solicitation processes, to include announcements of funding opportunities, assistance to applicants in the application process, award reviews, funding disbursements, tracking of project deliverables, providing customer service to current researchers, assuring production of applicable science/knowledge/tools, and project termination (no cost extensions, final reports, etc.).
- Build partnerships with Pacific Island communities, including researchers; local, state, national, and regional leaders; U.S. Federal and relevant international entities; and others, both in day-to-day activities and through development of periodic meetings to discuss matters of relevance to climate adaptation.
- Gather, evaluate, and synthesize, and deliver reports and other products related to relevant scientific information upon the request of Center leadership.
- Represent the Center in frequent meetings and report back on priorities and initiatives. This involves providing administrative, logistical, and scientific support for other regional staff members, pursuant to the overall operation and management of the Center.
- Operate a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
This vacancy is set to close on 12/01/2023. However, it will close sooner if we receive at least 75 applications. Please pass this information on to those who need to know. For more details and to apply, please go to this USAJobs announcement.