Hawaiʻi (Maui, Oʻahu, or Hawaiʻi Island)
1) Assist with implementation of the project’s community engagement strategy.
2) Develop, schedule, and conduct presentations, workshops, and events to scientific and non-scientific groups, including key stakeholders, community members, elected officials, and the general public.
3) Produce outreach and community engagement materials, press releases, and media (e.g., web pages, brochures, infographics).
4) Assist with maintaining positive relationships among state, federal, and private/NGO steering committee partners to facilitate inter-agency agreement on, and support for, communications strategies and activities.
5) Assist and support Project Coordinator and Program Director in advancing goals and objectives of steering committee.
6) Assist Project Coordinator with meeting organization, schedules, agendas, and minutes; maintain project calendar.
The successful applicant will be skilled at interacting with a wide diversity of stakeholders including community members, state and federal agency staff, elected officials, and others. An ability to translate complex and potentially controversial technical issues into accessible and engaging presentations and conversations is critical. Additionally, it is essential that the applicant have the ability to communicate different local communities’ complex concerns back to the steering committee so these issues can be included in the overall process. The applicant must be enthusiastic about achieving project goals and finding solutions to obstacles, while developing positive relationships with diverse stakeholders and partners.
The applicant must have a college degree or sufficient experience in a related outreach or communications field. The applicant must be willing and able to travel frequently among islands, including occasional overnight stays and some weekends.
Please upload your resume and cover letter to Bamboo HR: https://abcbirds.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=70
If you encounter difficulties, please send your cover letter and resume as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org
American Bird Conservancy values qualifications and competency. As an equal opportunity employer, ABC is committed to ensuring that employees and applicants for employment have equal opportunities.