Become part of Hawaii’s conservation story
Maui Program Coordinator
Description of Opportunity
CORAL is seeking an exceptional and resourceful individual to join our team on the Island of Maui as Program Coordinator. The ideal candidate is highly organized, has experience conducting field work and the ability to unite a diverse suite of stakeholders around saving coral reefs. The Maui Program Coordinator will report to the Maui Program Manager and has three primary focal areas: coordinating programmatic activities; developing and maintaining relationships essential to execute our collaborative strategies; supporting grant and report writing. This position is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team working on cutting edge conservation strategies that will create lasting benefits for coral reefs in Hawaiʻi and across the globe.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinating programmatic activities:
- Develop individual work plans to meet grant and project goals and deliverables
- Coordinate volunteers, partners and logistics for day-to-day implementation of projects, ensuring that program objectives and project deliverables are completed successfully, on-time and within budget. Project activities include but are not limited to education and outreach, training volunteers, conducting educational presentations to the public or partners and conducting field work
- Track and manage project information such as ecological monitoring data, information about restoration sites, participation of volunteers etc.
- Provide guidance to volunteers, interns and external partners
- Assist in developing project budgets
- Develop reports and other information to assist with projects, proposals, reports or other internal programmatic needs
- Provide guidance and feedback to the Program Manager and CORAL headquarters to inform implementation strategies, communications, budget development, and future planning
- Establish and maintain partnerships and strategic alliances with community groups, government agencies, local and international NGOs and other partners to enable execution of CORAL’s conservation initiatives
- Identify outreach and educational opportunities that can help CORAL to achieve our programmatic goals and evaluate which opportunities to invest in
- Coordinate and participate in outreach events that advance program objectives
Writing proposals, educational resources and reports:
- Assist with development of communication materials that support program objectives
- Assist in identifying funding opportunities and developing funding proposals and reports
The Program Manager will also assist in administrative functions as needed.
To Apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with Maui Program Coordinator in the email subject line
- A cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in the position (with salary requirements)
Learn more here