Ampaire is one of the 2018 cohort companies of Elemental Excelerator and Elemental Excelerator is funding this position.
Ampaire is a tech startup based in California that is leading the charge in electric aviation. We're on a mission to provide the world with all-electric powered commercial flights that are affordable, quiet, and environmentally conscious. We're building the future of air travel, are reimagining the way we fly, and are innovating at the intersection of new technology in aerospace and electric vehicles.
Our home-base at the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator, one of the most innovative business incubators in the world. We're in the heart of the LA Arts District, home to many creatives, including those in green technology, architecture and entertainment. As part of Starburst, the world’s top aerospace accelerator, we have access to an international support network. We're proud to have won multiple international awards as a Top Aerospace Startup (Hello Tomorrow, Paris), Top Electrification Startup (New Mobility Challenge, Los Angeles), and IEEE N3XT Stars. We've also been featured in Aviation Week for our creative business approach. Our talented team brings a diverse background from top institutions including: Caltech, Stanford, Penn, USC, Northrop Grumman, SpaceX, Virgin Orbit, GE, ABB, and Faraday Future.
Scope of Work:
We're looking for a Project Manager - Flight Demonstration with a background in Aeronautical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering to assist in the day-to-day management of the demonstration project. Generally, this position will be responsible for project management, data analysis, and engineering design work. The fellow will be mentored by experienced professionals in aircraft design and project management. This will be a very fast-paced position, but you will be supported by a collaborative team.
Project Manager-Flight Demonstration Fellow Project Descriptions
There are two primary responsibilities that have been scoped for this fellowship opportunity.
1. Project Management
• Build a detailed project plan by phase/milestone
• Communicate project status to stakeholders
• Manage vendors/partners for aircraft maintenance and operation
2. Data Gathering and Analysis
3. Other duties as assigned
• Potential to attend conferences and events on Ampaire’s behalf
• Attend meetings with vendors, stakeholders, and other interested parties
Job title: Project Manager, Flight Demonstration (Fellow) Duration: June 10, 2019 - June 10, 2020 (12-months) Location: Oahu
Pay and Hours: $25/per hour; Work hours are up to 40 hours per week.
● Experience with data analysis
● Must have a team approach and innovative spirit and be willing to engage in a broad range of activities and experiences
● Ability to self-direct and work independently and know when to ask for help
● Interest and passion for aviation and/or transportation sustainability
● Able to learn quickly and follow directions
● Highly organized with attention for detail
● Your experience includes working with or testing electric vehicles (of any kind)
● Must be available for the entire duration of the fellowship from June 2019 through June 2020.
How to apply
To apply, please provide a cover letter and resume in one pdf document to email@example.com with the subject title: AMPAIRE Project Manager – Demonstration Flight Fellow.
Ampaire is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to building a more inclusive ecosystem that integrates women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups into the cleantech sector and aerospace industry. We strongly encourage applications from qualified applicants and members of underrepresented groups.