Become part of Hawaii’s conservation story
USFWS Biological Science Technician GS 5 - Kahuku, Oʻahu
USFWS Biological Science Technician - Kahuku, Oʻahu
Annoucement #: R1-18-10253873-SY-DE
Control #: 508117200
To Apply Visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508117200
$34,280 to $44,565 per year
This position is part of the Oahu National Wildlife Refuge Complex. As a Biological Science Technician you will be responsible for assisting in operations devoted to the recovery of four of Hawaii's six endemic, endangered, waterbirds.
- Assists in conducting wildlife censuses and surveys to collect biological data using standard collection methods.
- Captures, applies visual and radio tags, and gathers physiological and spatial data on wildlife.
- Assists in monitoring and implementing activities related to conservation, management and/or control of wildlife.
- Assists with implementing habitat management activities designed to monitor, control, and eradicate non-native
or invasive plant species and/or limit plant disease outbreaks.
- Monitors elements of the physical environment, such as temperature, precipitation, stream flow, snow depth,
wind speed, and/or humidity.
- Prepares biological data using a variety of database software programs for inclusion in biological reports.
- Enters and retrieves data from geographic information systems (GIS) and/or other information management