Smart Trees Pacific is growing! We are seeking experienced, creative, and hard-working professionals to execute exciting urban and community forestry projects throughout Hawaii and the Pacific Islands. Join a team determined to increase Smart Trees Pacific’s community and environmental impact and expand our program strategies and outreach in support of our mission.
Smart Trees Pacific is a non-profit urban forestry organization serving Hawaii & the Pacific Region! We recognize that Hawaii’s tropical urban trees are a vital resource and we work to raise awareness & support for our urban forests! With over 40 years of collective experience that demonstrates our knowledge and skills in Urban Forestry, we are the leaders in developing sustainable and healthy community forests.
Promote and provide resources to select, install, establish, and care for trees to provide solutions for the natural and human environment.
This is a remote work contract with flexible hours. The candidate is required to live on Oʻahu. Everyone on the Smart Trees Pacific consultant team is expected to be able to work both independently and collaboratively to achieve shared goals. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Substantial knowledge or experience in arboriculture, urban forestry, landscape management, horticulture, design, community engagement, or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience initiating, developing and/or executing programs between multiple organizations.
- Experience in working with a variety of community groups and volunteers and/or providing customer service.
- Familiarity with benefits of and issues relating to growing, planting, and maintaining trees in Hawaii across a variety of landownerships.
- Familiarity with environmental and social issues facing Hawaiian communities.
- Four year degree in urban forestry, forestry, botany, biology, landscape architecture, environmental science, or a related field AND minimum of three years of relevant work experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- ISA Certified Arborist OR eligibility and interest to pass examination with reasonable time after contract start date.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks independently and as part of a team
- Professional, highly organized, and committed to producing quality results
- Dependable and dedicated to Smart Trees Pacific’s mission and vision
- Flexible, creative, and attentive to details
- Self-starter who can proactively and independently solve problems
- Must be comfortable with Google Suite and Microsoft Office. Experience with tree inventory software and/or GIS software a plus.
- Strong writing skills required. Experience with grant writing a plus.
- Data and budget management experience are desirable.
Work with us! Send your resume to Wai Lee, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in opportunities.