Become part of Hawaii’s conservation story
National Tropical Botanical Garden, South Shore
The National Tropical Botanical Garden has an immediate opening for a full time Volunteer Coordinator based at the National Headquarters in Kalaheo, Hawaii.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to lead, coordinate, and administer all aspects of the Volunteer Program to include program compliance; recruitment, orientation, retention, supervision, recognition, and management of volunteers. The ability to exemplify the values and mission of the Garden and interface with a wide variety of people is essential. The ideal candidate will provide excellent customer service to internal and external clientele, maintain organization in a busy environment, and complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
Desired Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Associate’s degree and two years of work experience in HR, employee supervision, education, or a related field or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Applied understanding of volunteer program coordination
- Ability to work with multiple departments and Executive Management team to coordinate program needs
- Understanding of Non-Profit fundraising processes and procedures is desirable.
- Must have strong communication skills; be highly organized and able to multi-task. Excellent interpersonal and PC skills required.
Posted OnJuly 30, 2019
Closing DateAugust 20, 2019
OrganizationNational Tropical Botanical Garden
LocationNational Tropical Botanical Garden, South Shore
Position TypeFull Time